Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

a long walk for birds - part 2

Starting in mid-April of 2013, I'll be walking across Wisconsin to raise funds for the Bird Protection Fund of the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin. Learn  more about NRF's Great Wisconsin Birdathon at this link. My effort will be slightly different, in that I will be asking folks to make a pledge amount per mile that I cover. Funding on these projects gets divided between the Bird Protection Fund and one's "home organization" - but I will divide it once more: 50% to the Bird Protection Fund, then 25% to the Western Gr. Lakes Bird and Bat Observatory, and the remaining 25% to Bird City Wisconsin. I expect this "long walk for birds" to take about 3 weeks, and cover approximately 240-260 miles. I'll be starting at Forest Beach Migratory Preserve in Ozaukee County, on the shore of Lake Michigan. I'll walk generally westward, and end up on the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien, in Crawford County. If you'd like to pledge an amount, or follow the progress and planning, see updates here periodically, or e-mail me. Some folks may like to join me for a few miles or a morning - let me know if you'd like to do that. About 20 people have so far already indicated they will do that. More to come, on the route, and preparations...in the coming weeks and months.

No comments:

Post a Comment