Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

our ethical relationship to the natural world

Starting decades ago, I developed what became a growing interest in environmental ethics. During the past two years, I've spent a considerable amount time reading even more recent literature in this discipline. By far the clearest exposition of these ideas - for me - comes from the 2012 book from one of the "grandfathers" in this field: Professor Holmes Rolston III, who taught at Colorado State University for many years. "A New Environmental Ethics: The Next Millennium for Life on Earth" is both a foundational background in understanding the issues, and a guide to looking toward the future. I really can't recommend any book more enthusiastically. It has informed and changed my understanding of the issues in many ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment