Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

How many species?

As some folks know, I'll be walking across Wisconsin, starting in mid-April, to raise funds for NRF and The Bird Protection Fund. But along the way, I'll be birding  of course! - So...how many species do you think I'll find, in the course of that 3-week or so time period? I'm starting at Forest Beach Migratory Preserve, in Ozaukee County, on the shore of Lake Michigan -- also walking through parts of Washington, Waukesha, Jefferson, Dane, Iowa, Grant, and Crawford counties, and ending at Prairie du Chien on the Mississippi River. Care to make a guess?

More about this project: Bill's Great WI Birdathon.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, buddy!!!

    Given your amazing birding skills (and my ineptitude at bird calls), I'm going to guess what seems like an astronomical number to me. So...there are what? 400 species in the state? I'll say you'll see/hear 300 species....

    ReplyDelete