Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

100 miles to go; 152 done

After a good rest day today, I'll be back out on the road tomorrow. I have approximately 100 miles to go, and I still hope to find 35+ more species in about 10 more days (I have walked 152 miles, and the species total remains at 126, with the "most noteworthy species" so far going to a Bell's Vireo in Dane County).

I've averaged about 9.5 miles per day. I expect to have some folks walking with me on some sections of the remaining distance. I'm trimming my pack weight a little today - it's still a bit too heavy. I've had one day of real soaking rain, and one day of about 40 degree cold and biting wind, plus a few more at about 80-81 degrees.

Please consider a pledge or donation if you have not already made one. Bird conservation in Wisconsin needs YOUR help - if our birds are important to you, please "step up to the plate" and contribute! It's easy - go to http://www.wibirdathon.org/nrfw/participantpage.asp?uid=3370&fundid=1805

No comments:

Post a Comment