Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

at mile 212, species 147, in Grant County - the Long Walk for Birds continues

Internet availability finally allows me to actually post for myself tonight - although I had many phone connectivity issues today. I have seen 147 bird species since the start of the long walk across Wisconsin, with today's additions being Trumpeter Swan, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, and a later-than-normal (for me) Black-throated Green Warbler. I am at mile 212, with a little more than 30 miles yet to go, but several warm but rainy days in the forecast for these next few days. I've been following roads just south of the Wisconsin River, through Muscoda, Blue River, and into the eastern edge of Boscobel today. Walking with me today were friends Dick Ouren, Barb Duerksen, and Keith Emich - thanks to them all, and thanks so much to Dick and his wife Christine for many kinds of help these last few days. Warm temps and  many mosquitos influenced our walking today - but our walk just south of and paralleling Hwy. 133 had many birds nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment