Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

my first day of the 2015 Long Walk for Birds

A few members of other Long Walk teams are already starting their segments, and I did my first section today.  I walked part of the lakeshore route in Manitowoc County, and today that brought me 49 species. I had breeding evidence for a good proportion of the species I found, and while walking I crossed from one non-priority atlas block into a priority block, so I entered all data in two checklists into the WI Breeding Bird Atlas II eBird data portal. Highlights were good numbers of Horned Grebes, Bank and Northern Rough-winged Swallows, Purple Martins, a flock of approximately 240 Lapland Longspurs (much easier to notice while on foot as opposed to being in a vehicle) and an incredible number of singing Ruby-crowned Kinglets. To learn more about the 2015 Long Walk for Birds, go to: http://www.wibirdathon.org/nrfw/participantpage.asp?fundid=1948&uid=3760&role=3

No comments:

Post a Comment